The Newport Bass is the ultimate Comfort Class. The original bass boats were used under heavy conditions. The plancked hulls had a large aftdeck for the fishing activities and a front wheelhouse. The sharp bow had to stand serious waves. The fenderlist was actually the expended deckline. At higher speeds it also functioned as sprayrail.
Menken Maritiem translated the tradition of these fishingvessels in a brand new designed glassfibre weekender with all the comfort of a small yacht. With the 9 meter length the Newport Bass offers an amazing spacious and comfortable interior and cockpit. The proffesional design by Martin de Jager Yachtdesign gives the boat great sailing characteristics. The Newport Bass fully planes with the 260 HP engine and reaches a comfortable 24 knots!
- Polyester GRP hull, 100% hand lay-up, no spay work or vacuum
- For hull, coaming and deck 32 colours to choose
- Polyester deck, 100% hand lay-up with Balsa
- PU foam laminated stringers
- CE certificate Cat. C, Coastal waters t/m 6 Beaufort
- Lloyd´s hull certificate, optional
- Cruising speed 6 knots - 22 knots, depending on motorisation
- Top speed 8 knots – 28 knots, depending on motorisation
- Engines 56 PK, Yanmar 4 cylinder JH-serie. Optional Yanmar, Steyr, and Volvo engines up to 300HP are available.
- Steering system Hydraulic, with hanging rudder, Steel 316 fittings and teak rudder cheeks
- Electric bowthruster 35 KG/F
- Instruments on steering stand
- 12-volt system with start battery, separate service battery, navigation lights.
- Extensive Mastervolt panel with 24 switch-breakers, voltmeters, fuel meter and water tank meter, black water tank meter and full-automatic bilge system. Shore power set, Mastervolt incl. full automatic battery charger, for service and start battery and 3 AC outlets in accommodation and engine room
- Water 140 litre, electric pressure pump, taps in pantry and toilet, extra shower outside
- Berths: 4-6 persons